After a long time , we had a quiet Saturday and what better way to spend it than cooking for the family 🙂
So, I made Zucchini Fritters as per MsA’s request. She promised to help and how could I say no to that . I love cooking with my girls . This is a simple enough recipe that even younger kids can try their hand at.
- 1 medium sized Zucchini- grated
- 1 egg
- 1 cup self raising flour
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Milk ( if needed to make the batter runny)
- Method :
- Combine all the ingredients together in this order – zucchini,salt,pepper, egg, flour and finally milk as needed . Check seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed . The batter should be slightly runny like pancake batter.
- Scoop a ladle full batter on a pan, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Then flip the fritter till well cooked on the other side.
- Serve hot with avocado & a dollop of sour cream.
I am more of a ‘dash of this, splash of that’ cook but this recipe is almost foolproof, as long as you mix the batter well to break any flour lumps. Its super quick and so versatile. Sometimes, I add grated carrots along with zucchini, on other occasions I have added chopped onions to the mix as well. Anything goes, really.
Do try the recipe if you haven’t before and if you do , please let me know if you liked it 🙂